Legal Services Offerings
Services for the in-house legal community
Legal services are designed and delivered by in-house lawyers for in house lawyers. Augment’s mission is to help support in house lawyers in dealing with the demands that go with in house practice whether they are business as usual or unexpected. Augment’s services help existing in house legal functions to significantly decrease their costs by sourcing the day to day legal, risk, compliance and governance services in innovative ways, often by accessing offshore legal talent.
Services for business leaders of growing corporations
Augment consists of business people who understand business people. Augment makes it possible to deliver legal, compliance, risk and governance services in a similar way that business leaders might obtain from any other cost effective-business service.
The areas of support that we are able to offer are:
- Data privacy compliance
- Recruitment regulation and licensing
- Anti-bribery and corruption compliance
- Contract review, drafting and negotiation
- HR Legal (employment agreements, employee handbooks, codes of conduct, policies and procedures, performance management, terminations, compromise agreements and restraints)
- Office lease review, drafting and negotiation
- Commercial law and Company law
Augment is able to assist corporations in handling special projects whether its structuring business streams, solving a complex regulatory problem or bespoke drafting of a high risk or value contract.
Assign your routine and repetitive legal work (such as contract review) to us to give you more time to concentrate on more value adding work. An offering to help manage work volume spikes within the companies’ legal function. Legal, compliance and governance staff to augment corporation’s existing team via dedicated (yet completely flexible) leased staff on site or off site, on shore or off shore.
Virtual Law Department
Helping with day to day legal issues for those businesses with no in-house counsel. This support includes:
- Phone advisory
- Corporate due diligence
- Document analysis
Compliance in a Box Toolkits
Augment assists corporations in rolling out compliance and risk projects. Our materials and methodology covers risk assessments, gap analyses, registers, training and audit. These are delivered to you without the hassle and cost that might ordinary arise from a compliance project. Our materials are subject to regular update and maintenance.
Augment is able to support you with:
- Data Privacy Toolkit
- Post-employment restraints toolkit
- Anti-bribery and corruption toolkit
- Debt collection toolkit
- Competition law toolkit
- Enterprise compliance management
- Enterprise risk management.
Research and Translation Services
If corporations have research tasks but simply do not have the bandwidth to complete it in house, or the budget to obtain it from a traditional law firm, Augment lawyers are able to assist. Additionally, Augment is able to undertake precedent creation projects and even drive value out of existing work product by standardising, packaging and reusing that product. Our team has fluent speakers of the following languages English, Japanese, Chinese (traditional or simplified), Hindi and Korean.
Corporate Services Offerings
Augment Corporate Services is a newly launched department which seeks to provide corporations with corporate services at a cost-efficient manner. It offers the following services directly and through its reputable business partners across the Asia-Pacific region.
One time engagements
Business Formation Services
- Preparation of Shareholders Agreement
- Business Registration
- Local Business Registration
- Tax Registration
- Social Security Registration
- Foreign Exchange or Investment Registration
Assistance in Investment Agencies Registration
- Economic Zone Registration
- Board of Investment Registration
Corporate Dissolution Services
- Preparation of dissolution plan
- Deregistration of business
Tax Advocacy Services
- Represent, liaise and assist in tax audits
Corporate Restructuring Study
- Preparation of feasibility studies catered to investor specific needs
Other Corporate Services
- Assistance in securing licences to do business
- Preparation of joint venture/partnership agreements
Human Resource Advisory Services
- Drafting of Employment Agreements
- Consultancy in Recruitment, Employee Benefits and Termination
- Developing Human Resource Management Manuals
- Guidance on Good Practice Employee Relations
Corporate Secretarial Services
- Act as Corporate Secretary of the Company to handle statutory compliance and/or regulatory risk matters
- Statutory review and comparison of company and registry records to ensure consistency and full compliance with prevailing statutory rules
- Remedial work to regularize anomalies and to remedy compliance failings identified during the status check and statutory review procedures